Friday, December 5, 2008

Calgary Urban Infrastructure Planning
October 20, 2008, evening session



Mr. Hehr: I have alluded to this earlier: Calgary is sort of a model of a unicity. It reminds me almost of, as I was discussing with the leader of the third party, the beginning of the episodes of Welcome Back, Kotter when I grew up. It always said: Brooklyn, fourth largest city in America. I'm assuming that since I've been in New York now and I no longer saw that sign when I went into Brooklyn, it is, too, under a unicity model. It was the leader of the third party that made me aware of that. I'm sure that some of the planning mechanisms, maybe, in New York are similar to Calgary. However, I digress simply because I liked Welcome Back, Kotter so much, sir, but now that I have that there, I can move on.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

As a planner, I'm quite delighted that the honourable member has coined the term 'unicity'. Is that like a monobrow?