Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Climate Change and Emissions Management Amendment Act, 2008
October 16, 2008, afternoon session



Mr. MacDonald: Speaking of our oil and our export of oil, we had a former minister here – I believe he was at one point Minister of Environment – Mr. Gary Mar, who is down in Washington.

Mr. Mason: He's doing a bang-up job for us, too.

Mr. MacDonald: Well, I would take exception to that. If he was doing a good job, he would have been able to flag that legislation that was passed that took into consideration the amount of CO2 emissions occurring in Alberta. [...]

Mr. Mason: I would like the irony in my voice to be noted in Hansard.

Mr. MacDonald: Yes. The hon. member would like the irony in his voice to be noted in Hansard, and I would certainly hope that it is noted. I don't know how to do that, but I hope it's done because I don't think Mr. Mar has been doing the job that we're paying him to do, and he's getting a handsome salary.

1 comment:

Matt Grant said...

Irony should be noted in Hansard in "super" italics.